Thursday, January 06, 2011

Project 365-6 : Growing up with Life


Hey pals, we've graduated!! :)

I still remember when I was young, say about 8-9 years old, I couldn't wait to grow up. I wanted to be a doctor, an engineer, a lawyer. Dreams were fantastical and I couldn't wait to fulfill them. Looking back, I suppose I had it easy academically. I never had difficulty in my studies (perhaps except for Bahasa Malaysia, cause my composition was quite bad then) and I *mostly* enjoyed my subjects. My favorite subjects were English and Maths back then.

Growing up to 13, I had my share of friendship pains - one that took friendship trial to a greater heights when my best friend decided to sever all ties with me...for two years anyway before we mended our bridges -and somewhat a culture shock in school. I steadily realized I am not an awesome student as I thought my quick brain could help me. I dropped steadily in my grades and my mood fluctuated throughout the year. Oddly enough, I was not dismayed when I discovered I was sent back from the top class to the third class for the next year. Then again, the supposed quota for the minorities was already filled up so yes, I got kicked behind.

Of course it was not all that bad; I've had my share of friends, growing interest in certain subjects such as Biology and Maths....and well, there's also the bad side of growing up, such as realizing with dawning horror and relief that I can never take up Pharmacy or Psychiatry cause of my dismal grasp of knowledge in Chemistry. Hahahaha...well the list goes on and on.

College life was...interesting. It became even more so when my batch mates and I were told almost immediately to organize a mini workshop for college students regarding self-presentation and self-grooming for work...on my first day of class! Thus, that was the first among many, many workshops and events I was thrown in to organize throughout my three years in college. Of course I was not the only one; all students in my faculty are thrown into this too! One good thing came out of this though - we all learned the hardships of organizing events in a big scale rather than having one small scale event within college.

And so now, I work. A fresh grad struggling to figure out the ropes in her company, I'm learning to have fun while working (though I tend to have bad times when I struggle to comprehend something, mostly I am fine). And that, ladies and gentlemen, is another story altogether :)

1 comment:

Alethea said...

Interesting blog, I'd say! Love it!