Thursday, January 16, 2014

Vocaloid: World's End Dance Hall at AniManGaki 2013

OMG a late entry! I can't believe I kept this in draft without publishing it x_X; editing the post slightly to suit the current date I suppose ahahaha ^^;

Last year, a friend of mine poison tempted me to work on a cosplay project from Vocaloid. Admittedly it was easy for me to fall for the character design for that particular song, as I have always loved Megurine Luka's "voice".

If you're curious to find out what the song is about, here's a video that you can listen to :D

There are many character design versions for this particular song, but only one caught my attention:
From left: Kagamine Len, Kagamine Rin, Kaito, Meiko, Megurine Luka, Hatsune Miku

I'll be honest; I was torn between choosing Meiko and Luka. Mainly because I adore both characters (and their voices of course!) but I had to choose only one (obviously!). So Luka it was (which is odd, since I don't quite fancy PINK to begin with)

The costume made its debut at last year's AniManGaki event held at Sunway Pyramid's Convention Centre. Admittedly I spent more time roaming about with my friends than being in the hall itself (whoops!).

Thank you so much to the photographer, Razrig, who was kind enough to snap a couple of shots of us both :)

Megurine Luka & Hatsune Miku


Would you believe that I styled the wig, made the headphones (which is a fake by the way) and Sharpie'd the lace stockings just the day before the event?


I look the same in all photos D: but I love this photo the most :D

Photo credits to Razrig Photography

Extra:

As I posted these photos up then, a cosplayer meme was circulating about right after AniManGaki (I think?) so I thought, aw heck why not?

On the left is my very first cosplay back in GACC 2006 (an event organized by MMU Melaka) and on the right, AniManGaki 2013 (an event organized by Sunway University if i'm not mistaken). Both pink, ironically lol

Left: Black Lady from SailorMoon
Right: Megurine Luka (World's End Dance Hall) from Vocaloid

Here's to hoping my cosplay path continues on in 2014 :D

No comments: