Monday, January 20, 2014

TC2014 [Introduction]

I haven't blogged for so long, I think my writing personality changed a fair bit!

Or at least, I hope it did. For the better. Hmmm...

I'm not entirely sure what should I be writing about as an introduction, to be frightfully honest. So how about I go about with it by listing down 10 facts about me that you may or may not know of? :)

So. Let us begin:

1o Things You May (Or May Not Know) About Me

Me as Sindel (Mortal Kombat 3) at Comic Fiesta 2013

1. Before the Internet, I am known as Melissa, Mel, or by my Chinese name (which will not be posted here heh!). Now, I'm Melissa, Mel, Silvennia, Silvy, Sil by everyone :)

2. I adore fantasy fiction, especially those with magic involved. Think 500 Kingdoms (Mercedes Lackey) and Harry Potter (JK Rowling) and you'll understand what I love :D

3. I was flying solo for 6 years after my last relationship, before committing into one now. I'm very glad that this is working out well, though how we got together was somewhat hilarious (that, folks, will be for him to tell when he is ready haha)

4. As a kid, I loved the color BLACK. Everything that I wore was black, and I loathed pink and white. Growing up now, I still love black, and loathe white. But my "love" expanded to blues, reds, and purples. I'm still wary of pink though.

5. Both my parents are no longer in this world. 'Nuff said (I hope this answers some questioning looks I've been getting lately about my parents! It's really awkward saying this statement again and again)

6. My home's biggest pet menagerie was 50 hamsters, 20 rabbits, 4 chickens, 4 birds, 2 dogs and 1 tortoise. Needless to say this didn't last that long lol.

7. I'm totally a Chinese. BUT I look like a Chindian and I speak like a Malay. Oh and also, I cannot speak Chinese so I'm a banana!

8. I come from a multiracial family. So that means I celebrate Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Deepavali, and Christmas with my relatives. It's quite fun really!

9. I work in the Social Media industry for 3 years (this year would be my fourth year) now. It has its ups and downs, admittedly, but I have a lot to learn still.

10. I cosplay (duh!) and I am also a BJD enthusiast :)

No comments: