Monday, June 17, 2013

[REVIEW] BL Soaps Handmade Lipsticks in Hades & Baby Doll

I've been meaning to have these lip review up but haven't had the time to sit down and mess around with my stash of cosmetics! So I finally decided to snap some photos of me with my stash of BL (short for Body Language) Soaps handmade lippies. I can't find my blue or purple lippies for now, so let's just leave them for another review post k? ;)

P/S: Photos are a bit crappy cause it was almost sunset when I finally decided to apply my makeup lol. Also, the lippies were applied using a lip brush as I had purchased the sample jars instead of a full tube (it's easier to use a lip brush to apply the colour on my lips)

Leopard print cat ears, because well, I'm a cat! :3


**********

BL Soaps ( HADES )


Gorgeous black lipstick, especially since this is handmade! Rather sheer if you apply it only once (I applied twice in this photo) but definitely a great one if you're into moisturizing lipsticks! The lippie has a rich macadamia nut smell which is pleasant enough without being overpowering.

Pros:
  • Moisturising. This lippie won't dry off your lips anytime soon
  • Lasting. I had to scrub my lips several times with a makeup remover wet wipe to thoroughly remove the color off my lips
  • Homemade. Here's the list of ingredients if you're curious to find out more: 
Macadamia Nut Oil, Sustainable Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sustainable Palm Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Castor Oil, Flavor Oil, Oxide, Mica
Cons:
  • The color is rather sheer, which means you would need to apply twice for a richer color. This is either a pro or a con depending on the individual's taste. For me, this is a con as I don't really like black lippies to be sheer
  • The product will melt easily in heat. Quite a common problem I noticed among handmade cosmetics. Not really much of an issue as long as I remember not to keep them in my handbag for too long hahaha

BL Soaps ( Baby Doll )

This is a sweet color, especially if you're into pink to begin with! Applying this lippie reminds me of cotton candy, Barbie Dolls, and all those sweet things in pink. Now I'm not really a big fan of pink, but I gotta admit that this color is indeed lovely. Like Hades, this handmade lipstick is sheer if applied once. That's usually my preference since it's just nice enough to highlight my lips without overdoing it. The best part about this lippie is that the color is matte, so no plump lips look for me!

Pros:
  • Moisturising. This lippie won't dry off your lips anytime soon
  • Matte colour. Perfect if you're looking for colors that doesn't add the extra shine to your lips :D
  • Lasting. I had to scrub my lips several times with a makeup remover wet wipe to thoroughly remove the color off my lips
  • Homemade. Here's the list of ingredients used for this lippie: 
Macadamia Nut Oil, Sustainable Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sustainable Palm Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Castor Oil, Flavor Oil, Oxide, Mica
Cons:
  • The color is rather sheer, which means you would need to apply twice for a richer color. Again, this is either a pro or a con depending on the individual's taste.
  • The product will melt easily in heat. Quite a common problem I noticed among handmade cosmetics. Not really much of an issue as long as I remember not to keep them in my handbag for too long!

**********
Overall Verdict
Price: 4/5
Value for Money: 5/5
Lip Color: Moisturising  lasting, sheer

**********

So, have I gotten you intrigued yet? 

If your answer is yes then here's some quick info bites about the seller's shop:

# Etsy shop: BL Soaps

# Product Categories:
  • Eyes
  • Lips
  • Face
  • Bath
# There are also mini samples if you don't want the full tube (or jar), and like most online stores, you can find items on sale and gift sets

# Price range: Approximately RM25 onwards (excluding shipping fees and sale items)

# Seller ships from Utah, US.

No comments: