Friday, March 21, 2014

My "Cooking" Adventure: Making the perfect Valentine Gift

Last month during Valentine’s Day, I decided to surprise my boyfriend with a special homemade gift. We’ve all heard that the best way to the man’s heart is through this stomach, right? So I search through Pinterest to find the perfect food gift I could make for him.

Now I couldn’t use the oven, microwave, or (to a certain extent) the stove at home due to a nasty problem that’s currently plaguing my kitchen (it’s not insects or anything don’t worry). So I had to look up for No-Bake recipes, and lo and behold, I found the perfect one to try out!

Quick + Easy No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites

(Click on the link above for the recipe I had used...with some personal modifications on my end)


When I saw it, I literally went OMG this is perfect! Not only does it combine chocolate and peanut butter in the concoction, the oatmeal and various types of nuts makes the snack (relatively) healthy too! :D So once I secured the recipe, it was time for a little bit of ingredient shopping…and off to make the perfect V-Day gift for him.

.:Ingredients Used:.


1 cup of rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of Van Houten chocolate powder
1/4 cup ground peanuts or ground almonds, to roll the balls in


.:Directions:.


Combine oats, sunflower seeds, flax seed, chia seeds, chocolate powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.


Melt peanut butter and allow it to cool slightly (I melted mine on the stove with low heat), then stir in honey and vanilla extract until it's combined. Once peanut butter has cooled a bit, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon then bring together with your hands. 


Once mixture is sticking together, fold in chocolate chips.


Roll dough into golf-ball sized (or in whatever size that you prefer) balls, then roll it about in your bowl of ground peanuts. 

These scrumptious snack can be eaten immediately (room temperature) but I decided to store mine in the fridge to let it set properly! :D

.:The Packaging:.

Yep the sappy part of me actually DID this for the package. Heh Heh Heh.... *blushes*


Bonus:

Look what he gave me for Valentine's Day! Bacon Jam! :D 

No comments: